Enjoying an even smile doesn’t always mean wearing metal braces. In some cases, we can instead use a series of clear plastic aligners. With ClearCorrect®, we can help you enjoy a smile free of misalignment, while also preserving your professional appearance.
Try Our Quiz on ClearCorrect®
- True or False: Correcting misalignment improves oral health.
- True or False: The aligners will be custom-made.
- True or False: You can remove them before meals.
- True or False: Treatment takes about a year.
- True. An uneven smile makes thorough brushing and flossing difficult, allowing places for food particles to hide and be broken down by bacteria. Soon, the risk of tooth decay and gum disease increases. Misalignment also places pressure on the jaw joints, making TMJ disorder and bruxism more likely.
- True. We will take detailed digital impressions, as well as x-rays and images, of your teeth. These items will be used at a special lab to design and fabricate your aligners. Being custom-made from a BPA-free plastic material mean they fit comfortably and help you avoid the gum and cheek irritation often encountered with metal orthodontics.
- True. You will wear them daily between 20 and 22 hours, only removing them for meals or when brushing and flossing. Since they’re removable, you don’t have to avoid certain foods as you would with braces. Brushing and flossing is also much easier, which helps improve the health and beauty of your smile.
- True. You will wear them daily, upgrading to a new set about once every two weeks. The entire treatment takes about one year. However, teens may need up to 18 months. The exact time will depend on the cause and extent of your misalignment. If you have any questions about ClearCorrect, or about misalignment in general, then contact our team today.
Do You Have an Uneven Smile?
Dr. George at Plano Dental Loft can correct misalignment with a series of clear aligners. To schedule an appointment with Dr. George at Plano Dental Loft, contact us today by calling our office at 469-269-6190.